LaNd Based Design
Our collective knowledge equals thousands of hours of research and professional experience on the science, spirit, and practical application of regenerative agriculture. From a medicinal herb garden in an urban space, to sustainably managed food forests and natural building on dozens of acres, our agency of Earth craftspeople see designs of the natural world. Each consultation is unique to the space, and each space presents unique opportunities.
WE OFFER a pay-what-you-can Land Based Design Consultation (travel expense may be additional).
After an assessment, we begin to formulate a design. A major cornerstone of our approach is designing the land in a way that results in abundance through minimal input and stacking functions. Each space is unique, and with an agency of Artizens in several fields, we can fascilitate projects from 200 square feet, to 200 acres.
- Earth works, ponds, bioswales, and key line irrigation
- Habitat design, cobb, Earthship style, Superadobe, geodesic domes, and hay bale
- Agrarian infrastructure, chicken coops, greenhouses, zone systems, workshop space, preparation areas, composting
- Restorative agriculture, annual and perennial garden design, herb spirals, food forests, permaculture guilds
- Development of holistic education programs, hands on practicums and weekly lessons on food systems and local agriculture
- Identifying land based revenue opportunities, resource assessment and observation of natural systems, and neighborhood/community needs can generate revenue
We are building relationships, as we connect with the Earth, with our community, and with the space, and so, training to take care of the land is important.
WE OFFER seasonal upkeep training, long term on-site stewardship, and land management.
Part of the process of holistic design and looking at relationships is how things work with each other. Understanding dynamic patterns of nature, we can get a better picture of a deeper human experience.
WE OFFER workshops, classes, plant ID hikes, and program direction in Earth based learning.